Last month, I reported that Disney is planning to use mobile ordering in the new Satu’li Canteen in Pandora – Land of Avatar when it opens in May.
I also predicted that, as with other things in Disney World, if all goes well they’ll be expanding it to other restaurants. Sure enough, reports have come out about the 15 restaurants Disney plans to add to mobile ordering.
To place an order, guests will log in to the MyDisneyExperience app, choose their restaurant and place an order. Once you arrive at the restaurant, you’ll check in, and the chefs will begin preparing your order. This allows you to pre-order and avoid waiting in line once you get to the restaurant. This may also help with families with young children who can’t or don’t want to stand in line. You can also take more time to decide what you want to eat rather than feeling pressured while standing in line with tons of people behind you.
Here are the restaurants expected to join the mobile ordering bandwagon:
1. Columbia Harbour House (Liberty Square)
2. Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café (Tomorrowland)
3. Pecos Bill Tall Tale inn and Café (Frontierland)
4. Pinocchio Village Haus (Fantasyland)
5. Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant (Tomorrowland)
6. Tortuga Tavern (Adventureland)
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
7. ABC Commissary (Commissary Lane)
8. Backlot Express (Echo Lake)
15. D-Luxe Burger (Town Center)
Will you try Disney mobile ordering from your phone?