Disney has updated the technology in their Disney resort hotels, and you can now unlock your hotel room door with your Bluetooth-enabled device.
This feature improves the Online Check-in service. While you can still use your MagicBand to unlock your door, this gives you another option in case you don’t have your MagicBands or choose not to use it.
Where you can use it
This was first rolled out at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge as a test, and now it’s rolling out to more Disney Resort Hotels. Here’s a complete list of participating hotels:
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Copper Creek Villas and Cabins, and Boulder Ridge Villas
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort and Villas
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Disney’s Boardwalk Inn and Villas
- Disne’s Contemporary Resort and Bay Lake Tower
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa and Villas
- Disney’s Polynesian Resort, and Villas and Bungalows
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge and Villas at Kidani and Jambo
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort, Riverside and French Quarter
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
- Disney’s All- Star Movies Resort
- Disney’s All- Star Sports Resort
Be sure to turn up your volume; there’s some pixie dust involved when unlocking a Disney Resort Hotel room door.
How to use it
The MyDisneyExperience app makes this possible. Here’s how to do it:
- Turn on Bluetooth on your device
- Download MyDisneyExperience
- Link your Disney Resort Hotel reservation to MyDisneyExperience
- View your reservation
- Select “Unlock Door”
- Agree to use the device
- Hold the device against the door lock
Besides unlocking your hotel room door, you can also access common areas linked to your reservation including swimming pools, arcades, fitness centers, elevators, and Club Level Lounges.
If for some reason, like you lost your phone, you can unlink your device by visiting the Front Desk of your hotel. Cast Members can authorize the Unlock Door feature to turn off so no one who isn’t supposed to be there can access your room.
Disney has other security measures in place as well. Most obviously, you have to sign in to your MyDisneyExperience account to verify that it’s you before you can access your reservation and the Unlock Door feature.
Unlock you Disney Resort door with your phone: a good idea?