Disney is truly a wonderland for children, but it’s not only for children. There are so many things for adults to do when they visit Disney World – from spending several luxurious hours over a gourmet meal at Victoria and Albert’s to having a few good laughs at Jelly Rolls at Disney’s Boardwalk.
Some of these activities geared for adults aren’t appropriate for kids, and some of them often take place after the little one’s bed times. How can a grown up looking to have a bit of fun make plans for their kids?
Fortunately, Disney has two great options for keeping your kids safe and happy – Children’s Activity Centers and Kid’s Night Out.
1 – Children’s Activity Centers
You can use the services of a Disney Children’s Activity Centers if your kids are between the ages of 4 and 12 and they are potty trained (no diapers or pull ups). Most of these centers are at the Disney Deluxe Resort hotels, and the rules and services vary a bit at each location.
Here are some things that all the clubs generally seem to have in common, although the details for each do vary so be sure to check in when making your reservation:
- Open from around 5pm to midnight.
- Cost is $10 – $15 per hour with a two hour minimum.
- Dinner is included, served around 6-8pm, and allows for choices like peanut butter & jelly and hamburgers.
- Snacks may be offered later in the evening.
Let’s take a look at the primary clubs:
- Simba’s Clubhouse at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. Offers TV, board games, crafts, and coloring books.
- Lilo’s Playhouse at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. Offers toys, cartoons, and video games.
- Sandcastle Club at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort and Beach Club Resort: Offers board games, arcade games, movies, TV, crafts, and coloring.
- Camp Dolphin at Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel: fully supervised programs, including arts, crafts, movies, board games, video and arcade games,
2 – Kid’s Nite Out
Kid’s Nite Out is an independent company that is a preferred provider for Disney World. Their employees are all at least 18 years old, know CPR and first aid, have childcare experience, and have passed background checks.
A Kid’s Nite Out employee can provide childcare services in your Disney hotel room, with rates starting around $16 for one child, plus extra costs for additional children and transportation fees.
Let The Fun Begin
With the services of Children’s Activity Centers and Kid’s Night Out, there are several options for taking care of your kids while you enjoy a little grown up fun. And you kids are sure to have a blast too.
Do you like Disney’s childcare services at Walt Disney World?