If you know anything at all about Disney World then it won’t surprise you to hear that there are many types of restaurants at the resort. Some are expensive and elegant, others are whimsical and fun. Still, all of the restaurants at Disney World share at least one characteristic: It is an experience that you won’t soon forget.
The Signature Restaurants located in Disney World represent the best possible dining experiences. World class chefs prepare magnificent meals that are served in an atmosphere just as delicious as the food. Below is a list of the Signature restaurants at Disney World Resorts.
Fun and fine dining abounds around Disney World.
• Artist Point – Disney’s Wilderness Lodge: Pacific Northwest specials including fish, steak, and game.
• Bistro de Paris – Epcot, France Pavilion: Formal romantic French restaurant with elegant décor and innovative menu
• California Grill – Disney’s Contemporary Resort: Amazing views of the Magic Kingdom paired with gourmet meals make for a great combination
• Chef’s Domain at Citrico’s – Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa: Both sophisticated and down to earth at the same time, pair your meal with a selection from the award winning wine list for a truly great evening
• Il Mulino New York Trattoria – Walk Disney World Swan Resort – Traditional Italian meals in an upscale and modern environment
• Jiko The Cooking Place – Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Seasonally varied menu of African and Indian food together with an extensive wine list make for a fine dining experience
• Le Cellier Steak House – Epcot, Canada Pavilion – A fine steakhouse, great wine, and famous Cheddar Cheese Soup combine for a terrific taste of Canada
• Shula’s Steak House – Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort – The best quality beef combine with a highly trained wait staff in a formal and elegant steakhouse
• Todd English’s bluezoo – Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort – The Celebrity Chef combined with famous architect Jeffrey Beers to create a very unique upscale seafood house
• Yachtsman Steak House – Disney’s Yacht Club Resort – Fine family dining with a New England flair, everything from fine steak to seafood is wonderful
• Victoria and Alberts – Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa – The ultimate in luxurious surroundings and gourmet experiences, this award winning, formal flagship restaurant is perfect for celebrating any very special occasion
Reservations are required for all Signature restaurants. Because of the popularity of these restaurants, it is best to make reservations as soon as possible.
Disney character dining experiences are among the most memorable dining choices in the park, particularly for the young guests. While they will have plenty of chances to see their favorite Disney characters throughout the parks, this gives them an opportunity to have some special time to visit and take pictures with their favorites.
Some of the Character Dining experiences offered at Disney World are listed below.
- 1900 Park Fare – Alice and all of the Wonderland crew will stop by to meet and greet you during this over-the-top dining experience.
- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall – Little princesses in training will love this experience where they will have the chance to see all of their favorite Disney princesses in one place.
- Cape May Café – Breakfast and dinner are served, Goofy style. Goofy is the star of this experience, but many other characters will stop by as well.
- Chef Mickey’s – Dine while mingling with Mickey and some of his best friends in the concourse of the Contemporary Resort as monorails glide by overhead
- The Garden Grill Restaurant – This restaurant spins round and round, but it rotates slowly enough that you won’t mistake it for a Disney ride! Enjoy the delicious food while visiting with Chip n Dale.
- Cinderella’s Royal Table – The ultimate experience for any princess. You will eat inside Cinderella Castle where you will be served by a staff that is attentive to your every need. Of course, all of Disney’s most prestigious royalty will be there.
Dinner shows are a great place to make special family memories during your Disney World vacation. These shows combine all of the fun and excitement of a Disney World show with wonderful dining options. Dinner shows at Disney World transform dinner into an unforgettable experience.
Disney’s dinner shows include:
- Disney’s Spirit of Aloha Show – A hugely popular show, you will be treated to an authentic luau at the Polynesian Resort while watching hula and fire dancers perform.
- Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue – Country style fun with a menu of American favorites.
- Mickey’s Backyard BBQ – You can sing and dance along to western favorites with Mickey and his friends while enjoying a full buffet.
There are dozens of casual dining choices located in all four theme parks and in other locations throughout the resort.
In true Disney fashion, even many of the casual dining restaurants offer something special to their guests. For example, at the Coral Reef Restaurant, you can dine while observing a six million gallon aquarium. Or Bongos Cuban Café where you will enjoy Latin music in a setting modeled after a 50s style nightclub.
Special Dietary Requirements
Many of the restaurants at Disney World Resorts will be happy to work with you to meet any special dietary need that you have including:
While some restaurants may have appropriate options on their menu, it is best if you talk about any special dietary needs with the cast member who helps you make your reservation. This will allow Disney to have plenty of time to prepare any special requests.
As mentioned above, there are many restaurants that will have options that may satisfy your special dining needs. These restaurants include:
- Sunset Ranch Market (Hollywood Studios)
- Backlot Express (Hollywood Studios)
- Toy Story Pizza Planet (Hollywood Studios)
- Restaurantosaurus (Animal Kingdom)
- Liberty Inn (Epcot)
- Pecos Bill Café (Magic Kingdom)
- Main Street Bakery (Magic Kingdom)
Of course, not every restaurant will have items to meet every request. That is why it is very important to specify your special dining requirements in advance.
Disney Dining Plan
The Disney Dining Plan is part of the Magic Your Way vacation package. It allows for a set number of quick service meals, snacks and table dining experiences per person. This plan is a great way to make it easy to budget your dining while at Disney World Resort. You can use the flexible credits in the plan to eat at any type of restaurant, including Signature restaurants, dinner shows and character dining. Check for details about how to use your Disney Dining Plan.
Sometimes, you just need a rest from all of the fun that you will have while on your Disney vacation. On such a night, you can simply choose to order room service. Many hotels offer a full room service menu. If you are staying in a value hotel, you will likely have the option to have pizza delivered right to your door.
Reservations are always a good idea, especially if there is a certain restaurant or dining experience that you really don’t want to miss. You can make a reservation yourself, or the hotel concierge can assist you with any dining reservations.
Keep in mind that the most popular dining venues often sell out during the busiest seasons. Try to make your reservations as soon as possible to avoid any disappointment.