Remember when you took your kids to Disney World before they turned three, and they ate for free off of your plate? Then they turned three and not only do you have to buy them a ticket, but you also have to pay for them to have their own plate (and probably eat little to nothing of the meal)?
Now, Disney World is offering free dining plans for kids ages 3 to 9 years old!
When you book a 4-night Magic Your Way package at select Disney Resort Hotels with room, ticket, and dining plan, kids staying in the room get a dining plan for free!
All three dining plans (Quick-Service, Disney Dining Plan, and the Deluxe Dining Plan) are eligible for the discount, but everyone in the room has to be on the same plan, so parents will have to purchase the same plan that they want their kids to get for free.
The offer is valid on most arrivals from May 25th through August 28th, 2020, but you have to book before February 26th.
So what “select” resorts are participating?
It’s probably easier to tell you what room types are not eligible first. All three-bedroom villas, Copper Creek Villas, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Cabins, the Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Resort, and the standard Little Mermaid rooms at Disney’s Art of Animation are ineligible for this offer.
That still leaves a lot of rooms that are eligible including:
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort and Bay Lake Tower
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and Boulder Ridge and Copper Creek rooms and cabins
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge rooms in both Jambo House and Kidani Village
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s Boardwalk Inn
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Resort
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney’s Port Orleans – Riverside Resort
- The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort Family suites
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort.
What’s the catch?
Disney only allocates a certain number of rooms for discounts like this one, so act now to be sure to get availability.
Kids on the free Disney Dining Plan must eat from the kid’s menu where it’s available, and gratuities are not included in any Dining Plan, so you’ll still have to pay this.
Finally, and probably most importantly, the Free Dining for kids cannot be combined with any other offer, so check to make sure there isn’t a better offer out there. Specifically, the Free Dining Plan is available for adults on some of the same dates, and this would obviously be a better deal.
Free Dining for Kids: a good deal?