Disney World just announced that they will be operating under modified hours ahead of Hurricane Dorian, which is set to hit the area late tomorrow afternoon.
The following closures are for Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019.
- Magic Kingdom: 8am-3pm (7am Extra Magic Hours)
- Epcot: 7am-3pm
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: 9am-2pm (6am Extra Magic Hours)
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom: 8am-2pm (7am Extra Magic Hours
- Disney Springs: 10am-3pm
- ESPN Wide World of Sports: Closed
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park: Closed
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park: 10am-3pm
- Winter Summerland Miniature Golf: 10am-3pm
- Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf: 10am-3pm
Disney After Hours at Disney’s Animal Kingdom event has been cancelled for Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019. If you purchased tickets for this event, you can exchange them for tickets to another After Hours event or for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party or Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party in 2019 or a 1-day Flexible Date Ticket with Park Hopper Option valid through December 31st, 2020. You may also opt for a full refund for the event tickets.
Disney Resort Hotels
Most Disney Resort Hotels remain open with the following exceptions:
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground will close at 3pm on September 3rd and will remain closed for the duration of the storm. It will reopen when it is deemed safe to do so. These guests will be relocated.
- Copper Creek Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa, and the Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort are in precarious positions surrounded by or close to the water. Guests staying at these resorts were contacted to help prepare for the weather or to move them to alternative resorts.
Advanced Dining Reservations inside the parks will be honored up to one hour before park closing. ADRs at the Resorts will be honored until 5:30pm.
Guests will not be penalized for cancelling dining reservations, and all reservations after these times will be automatically cancelled. Any pre-paid dining reservations will also be automatically cancelled and guests will be refuned on their method of purchase.
Guests staying on property have been given written instructions regarding weather and emergency preparedness. Disney says that the resorts have plenty of food and water to accommodate guests staying on property.
This is the fourth time in history that Disney has closed due to a hurricane.
Have you ever ridden out a hurricane in Disney World?