Ganache seems to be one of those trend foody items we hear a lot about these days, but what exactly is it?
Ganache is a mixture of chocolate and cream that is often used as an icing or glaze for pastries, but it can also be used as a filling for truffles or cakes.
Ganache it usually made with two-parts chocolate to one-part cream.
In the case of the new Ganachery Chocolate Shop in Disney Springs, the inventive chefs have covered little, delicious squares of ganache (created with all kinds of flavors) with chocolate.
The shop offers 16 different kinds of ganache squares, each made in the store. A show kitchen in the store allows you to see the process unfold before your very eyes.
When you enter the store, you get a quick tour by a Disney Cast Member who knows her chocolate. When I visited, she shared a little about the store’s mythical backstory – how it used to be an apothecary, but now is used to serve up chocolates instead of medicines.
The shop itself is small, with room for about 20 people. Once inside the store, the process of hearing about the chocolate offerings and then picking out delicious items to take with you takes 10-15 minutes – or perhaps a bit more or less depending on how quickly people make their selections.
The shop has plenty of great details, as you would expect from Disney. The ceiling is covered with beautiful stamped metal tiles, and classic copper pots and cookware fill the air above you.
Old fashioned looking shelves, which the backstory suggest once held apothecary medicine bottles, now hold chocolate bars and treats.
The display cases which hold the chocolate treats are clean and bright.
All the chocolate knowledge and details are great, but the store really delivers with the chocolate itself.
The chocolate offerings are beautiful and made with high quality ingredients, and most importantly the end product is delicious.
The Ganachery offers unique flavors:
- Calamansi – Vietnamese oranges in a bold milk chocolate
- Caramel Fleur del Sel – Rich, creamy caramel and sea salt with milk chocolate
- Chipotle Pepper – Dark chocolate with a hint of Mexican red pepper
- Cinnamon – Sri Lanken cinnamon with milk chocolate
- Dark 65% – Grand cru medium roasted, custom blend
- Egyptian Sea Salt – Dark chocolate with salt from the Red Sea
- Gianduja – Italian hazelnut with milk chocolate
- Mango Curry – Indian curry and mangos with dark chocolate
- Matcha Yuzu – Japanese green tea and yuzu with dark chocolate
- Mint – Peppermint and spearmint with dark chocolate
- Orange – Fresh Florida oranges with dark chocolate
- Passion Fruit – South American passion fruit with milk chocolate
- Pistachio – Sicilian pistachios with dark chocolate
- Raspberry – Velvety raspberries with dark chocolate
- Vanilla – Madagascan vanilla beans with dark chocolate
Overall I really enjoyed what The Ganachery had to offer: a unique and high-quality experience, great detailing, and delicious and unique chocolate. It’s a winner! If more of what we will see in Disney Springs lives up to The Ganachery standard, we are all in for some great treats.
Are you excited about the new chocolate shop in Disney Springs?