The Disney Dream is the third ship by Disney, and it is everything that people have come to expect from Disney Cruise Lines – incredible service and the change to visit exciting destinations like the Bahamas.
While the chance to go to the Bahamas or some other faraway location is great, much of the fun of a Disney Dream cruise happens right on board the ship. There is something to do 24 hours a day, ensuring that guests are never bored. There are entertainment options for guests of all ages.
Kids of all ages will find options that are perfect to keep them busy all day long.
- It’s a Small World Nursery – For a small additional charge, you can drop off children ages 3 months to 3 years. There are play areas, movies, stories, and much more. Your littlest ones will be well-looked after while you enjoy a nice dinner or a glass of wine.
- Disney’s Oceaneer Club – Children ages 3 to 10 will find several play areas, computers (don’t worry – harmful content is filtered out), places to read, and places to watch television. There is even a huge 103-inch screen where groups of kids can gather to watch movies.
- Disney’s Oceaneer Lab – This is another spot for kids ages 3 to 10. Here they can take part in a scavenger hunt, work in the animator’s studio, create music, or work on a variety of arts and crafts projects.
- Edge – Guests ages 11 to 13 can have fun in this safe environment. They can chill out by watching a movie or playing games on the available notebook computers. Many activities are also available such as the chance to create a show to be performed for other guests, go on a mysterious ghost hunt adventure, and perform hands-on science experiments.
- Vibe – You want your teen to have fun, but safety is also important. That is why the Disney Dream has created an area that is for teens only. Older guests are restricted from entering any part of this area, helping to ensure the safety of all of our teenage guests. While at Vibe, teens from ages 14 to 17 can sip a drink from the coffee bar, watch a movie, or dance to music from our live DJ. There is even a teen-only sundeck and splash pools, so that teens can cool off without having to leave their own area. To further ensure the safety of these very special guests, chaperones are present at all times that Vibe is open.
- D-Lounge – D-Lounge is a place where the whole family can have fun together. This nightclub features games and other entertainment that was designed with the whole family in mind.
- Arr-Cade – The arcade features many video games to provide hours of fun for guests of all ages.
Disney Dream has also made sure to provide plenty of fun for adults as well as the kids. While your children enjoy some of the activities listed above, here are some options for you.
- Spa – A first-class is available on board. Get a relaxing massage, enjoy a facial, manicure, pedicure or a whole menu of other pampering treatments.
- Quiet Cove Pool – This adults-only pool allows you to take a quiet dip, without having to watch out for splashing children.
- Evolution – This is everything that you would expect in a nightclub. Fabulous music, a rockin’ dance floor and a fully stocked bar.
The Disney Dream was designed to reflect the early 19th century ships. Attention to detail in the staterooms is obvious as each of them include touches of art deco influences. From the most modest stateroom to the most lavish suite, each room includes impressive and thoughtful touches designed to make your cruising experience pleasant from start to finish.
There are several categories of staterooms including:
- Inside Stateroom
- Deluxe Inside Stateroom
- Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom
- Deluxe Family Ocean View Stateroom
- Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Verandah
- Concierge Family Stateroom with Verandah
- Concierge Suites with Verandahs
Even the inside stateroom include special touches such as flat screen televisions and in-room refrigerators.
The Disney Dream also added a unique innovation in cruise vacations – a “Magical Portholes” in the inside staterooms. These portholes are actually screens that show real-time video of the outside so that you can have a view just like the ocean view rooms. When you see this, you will wonder why nobody thought of it before Disney did.
Another very special feature of the staterooms and suites on the Disney Dream are split bathrooms. The shower is in a separate space from the toilet and sink, making it much easier for families to get ready for a day of fun.
Every stateroom was designed in such a way as to maximize space, making the room feel and look larger. Under bed storage means that you can move your luggage out of the way, further opening up the space.
Much thought and care went into the design of rooms in every single category so that the guests onboard the Disney Dream would have the best possible experience.
Dining on the Disney Dream
Dining on the Disney Dream includes dozens of options, and food is available any time of the day or night. You can dine in one the specialty restaurants, grab a snack at the ice cream parlor or one of the coffee bars, or even choose to relax in your room and order room service.
No matter what type of food is your favorite, you are sure to find it on board the Disney Dream.
While the Disney Dream is amazing, the other great part of about cruising is the destination. When you cruise on the Disney Dream, you will make stops at some lovely ports, including Castaway Cay. Castaway Cay is Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, just for guests of their cruise line. Here you can mingle with some Disney characters while enjoying a number of activities such as:
- Outdoor massages
Free child care is provided while on the island, and there are fun activities for kids of every age.
A cruise on the Disney Dream truly is a dream vacation.