Disney Cruise Lines has four magnificent ocean liners in their fleet — Disney Magic, Disney Wonder, Disney Dream, and Disney Fantasy.
Classic Styles And Modern Conveniences
While offering modern facilities, Disney ships give guests a taste of what it was like to sail the Atlantic, the Pacific, and the Mediterranean, as people did in the heyday of grand and classic ocean liners.
The staterooms on board these ships are made to cater to families, and most have a split bathroom. There is where one room has a sink and a toilet, and a separate room has a sink and a bath – making it easy for multiple people to get ready for a fun day with Disney. This is similar to Disney’s Vacation Club Villas, which offer the same sort of convenient split bathroom arrangement.
Plenty To See And Do – Including A Private Island
A few of the special amenities available on board a Disney ship include age-appropriate youth groups (3 months to late teen), dining (elegant to quick service fare), entertainment (Broadway style live shows & current Disney movies — some in 3D), and character greetings.
There are several pools which are themed, as well as for specific age groups (like adults). The big kids in your family (i.e. the adults), can enjoy live music played in the lounges and nightclubs, or luxuriate in the fitness and spa facilities.
Your journey may take you to Disney’s own tropical island, Castaway Cay. Castaway Cay is a private island in the Bahamas that is owned by and used exclusively by the Disney Cruise Lines. Relax by visiting the beach, renting a bike, taking a parasail ride, or checking out a submerged submarine from Disney World’s closed 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea attraction.
A Cruise Can Be Just Part Of Your Disney Vacation
While onboard, your stateroom serves as a launching pad for the many adventures that await, as well as shore excursion and visits to the Walt Disney World Resort. There are many combinations of cruise packages and activities. Part of the fun of a vacation is in planning your trip with your family. If your vacation on board a Disney ship includes a visit to Disney World, then you will be transported to the parks via a Disney bus with portholes!
Many Voyage Options
Specials change constantly and a few of the ones offered are:
- On certain Alaskan cruises, kids seventeen and under get to sail for free (if with two full fare passengers in the same Verandah or Oceanview stateroom).
- About midsummer, an entire family can explore the wonders of the Mediterranean at a bargain price.
- Florida residents get some great deals to the Caribbean and Bahamas at certain selected times of the year.
- On some sailing dates, the US military gets a chance to save a portion of their very well-deserved money and gets a discount on cruises. Disney is proud of our military and pleased to help them in any way they can.
- Passengers booking fairly quickly may get an online credit to use for whatever they like onboard the ship.
A Few New & Exciting Things to Consider
- Disney was named by readers of Conde Nast Traveler Magazine as the very best cruise experience in the mega-ship category, for 2010.
- Disney’s Castaway Cay, their private island in the Caribbean, was enhanced to give guests of all ages more upscale luxury, interactive play areas, water-based fun for the family, and much greater convenience.
- Disney villains provide stage fun in a spectacular way aboard the Disney Magic and the Disney Dream.
- Disney’s latest ship, the Dream, will take your family to new heights with immersive experiences, innovation, and of course — magical Disney entertainment.
- Disney’s Wonder ship will sail for Alaska in the summer time. These are week-long voyages not to be missed.
- Disney has eliminated any fuel surcharges for new bookings.
Cruise & Park Packages
You can get married onboard a Disney ship, renew your vows, visit Castaway Cay (Disney’s private island), visit Walt Disney World Resort, or even Barcelona or London, before you go cruising, or afterwards.
- Vow Renewal & Weddings Packages include ceremony on the Wonder or Magic or Castaway Cay, cake, champagne reception, planning for your wedding, other benefits, and dinner for two at the upscale restaurant Palo.
- Before & After Cruise hotel packages can include at stay at one of the nineteen Walt Disney World Resort hotels and it includes one of five different types of theme park tickets.
- Before your cruise, you can add a package from Adventures by Disney. Options include a guided tour of European wonders and the natural beauty of Alaska – combined with the onboard experience of luxury you’ll get on a Disney ship. Some of your life’s greatest stories will unfold here.
- You can take a journey into British Columbia before your cruise and visit Vancouver and Whistler, on a Rocky Mountaineer trek. You’ll stay overnight in a gorgeous Fairmont hotel in both cities, plus take a round trip journey on the Rocky Mountaineer’s Whistler Sea to Sky Climb.
Wonderful Fun, Wonderful Meals
Your Disney cruise lines vacation will mean plenty of things to do, see, take part in, watch, and eat. Especially the latter, as Disney is known the world over for its excellent chefs and meals. Simply put — Disney Cruise Lines dining while onboard is exquisite. Expertly made and prepared dishes are available twenty-four hours a day. The only thing to equal the foods onboard a Disney Cruise Lines ship is the food at all four of their theme parks!
On the ships, dining is themed and oozing with charm and “character”. Lots of characters… The menus are diverse and inspiring. Areas to eat include main dining, casual dining, quick service and adult exclusive dining.
All you need to do in order to get the “scoop” on meals options is to check your meal ticket (in your stateroom) or take a look at the Personal Navigator, which is Disney Cruise’s daily newsletter. It will let you know what’s to do and see and lists hours for dining, hours for the bars, and what rotational evening attire is required.
Ready To Go?
Where do you want to sail today? A Disney Cruise Line voyage will take you into you and your family’s own personal never-never land. Cruising is a whole world unto itself. And Disney World is certainly another whole world unto itself. Combine the two, and that’s absolute perfection in a family vacation!