Back on July 15, Disney outlined a new process for joining the virtual queue to ride Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
In summary, Disney instituted staggered booking windows to join the virtual queue at 10 am, 1 pm, and 4 pm.
Starting Friday, July 24, Disney is making an adjustment to the virtual queue process.
Disney sill reduce the number of booking windows from three to two. Disney will open the booking windows only at 10 am and 2 pm.
Why Change The Virutal Queue Booking Windows?
As part of its reopening plan, Disney has had to make a lot of changes. They have instituted a new Park Pass system to limit and control park attendance. They have put in social distancing measures in place throughout the parks, and have added new cleaning procedures.
All these changes mean that there is less capacity for Rise of the Resistance to thrill guests.
General Process Remains The Same
Overall, the process for trying to get a virtual queue remains the same:
- Ensure you have the My Disney Experience app installed on your phone.
- Be sure that you have allowed push notifications for the My Disney Experience app. This will allow the app to notify you when it is time to ride.
- Once in the park, log in to your account.
- At the booking window time of 10 am or 2 pm, select “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue” on the My Disney Experience main home screen.
- Follow the steps to (try to) join the virtual queue.
The slots in the virtual queue, no matter how many booking windows are available, tend to run out within minutes of the window opening. Sometimes they run out within seconds. It is a simple supply and demand problem: there are a limited number of slots available to ride, and huge numbers of guests want to ride.
If you are fortunate enough to get a slot in the virtual queue, and you get to experience Rise of the Resistance, you are in for one of the best theme park experiences ever. Really.
Have you ever ridden Rise of the Resistance? Want to?