With a bit of research and planning, you can visit Disney World for much less money than you might think. Below are some tips about how to plan a cheap Disney vacation, and start making dreams come true.
The first step in your Disney vacation is getting there. Whether you choose to fly or plan a family road trip, there are ways to save.
• One way that you can save is by driving in a manner that uses less of this liquid gold. Instead of being an aggressive driver and weaving in and out of traffic, just find a place in the right hand lane and set your cruise control to somewhere between 55 and 65 miles per hour. You would be amazed at how much gas that you can save with this one simple step. Also, it’s a lot safer than using the highway as your own personal race track.
• You should do some online research before you leave home. Map out the states and cities that you will be traveling through during your cheap Disney vacation and then look for the best gas prices in those cities. If you plan carefully, you will be able to avoid the need to fill up in the most expensive locations.
• If you drive a gas guzzler, it might be cost effective to rent a car that is easier on gas. Visit a Web site that calculates how much you will spend in gas (AAA has a good one) and then compare that to the cost of renting a car.
• Finally, before you leave, be sure to have some basic maintenance performed on your car including oil change and tire check. Breaking down on the road will not only be inconvenient but it will also expensive.
The most expensive part of your road trip is obviously going to be the gas.
If a road trip does not appeal to you for one reason or another then you will probably choose to fly. Here are some ways to save in the air.
- Yes, it is a hassle to get the kids up early for a flight that leaves at the crack of dawn or to keep them up late for a flight that leaves at midnight, but by doing so you can save hundreds of dollars. When searching for your flight for your cheap Disney vacation, do not be choosy about the time of day at which you fly. This will allow you to find the absolute best deals rather than just the deals available during the most popular times of day.
- If you are traveling with infants, be sure to ask about the infant in lap option. When you travel with an infant in lap ticket, it simply means that you will not need to purchase a separate ticket for the baby, and he or she will instead share your seat.
- Don’t visit just one travel site when looking for the best deal. Instead, take a few minutes to shop around, because the lowest fare depends on several factors and it will not always be found in the same place.
- Plan ahead. You should book your tickets at least 21 days in advance. However, the more time you have to shop for your tickets, the better deal you might find.
Where you choose to stay will have a huge impact on the overall cost of your cheap Disney vacation. Disney World offers three levels of hotels: deluxe, moderate, and value. One of the great things about the Disney resort properties is that they are all within a good proximity of the theme parks and water parks. Shuttle service is available to and from the hotels to the parks, so you will not have to worry about finding and paying for parking every day.
Of course, which type of hotel that you choose depends on just how cheap you want your cheap Disney vacation to be, but the value hotels are a great choice. You will probably be surprised at some of the amenities that are available at Disney resort value hotels. The exact amenities vary, but include:
- Babysitting services
- Kitchenette in room
- Shuttle service to and from theme parks
- Free hotel parking
- Concierge service to help you purchase theme park tickets and give you advice about dining and other activities in the resort
Feeding a family at home can be expensive, and it is even more expensive when on vacation. Still, there are ways to trim your meal budget while on a cheap Disney vacation.
- Meal packages are available that provide some or all of your meals for a set price. You can choose a meal package that includes just one meal a day or that includes all of your meals. This also helps with budgeting, because you will know that your meals are already paid for in advance.
- Consider getting a room with a kitchenette, or at least with a refrigerator and microwave. This will allow you to eat some of your meals in the room. If you make a simple breakfast before heading out for the day, that one small thing could save you hundreds during your vacation.
- If you wanted to sample some of the fine dining in Disney World then do some research, choose one restaurant and let that be where you eat on the final night of your stay. The rest of the time, choose less expensive options.
There are many options available when you choose your theme park and water park tickets. You can purchase a base ticket for a set number of days which includes admission to one park per day. You can also add options:
- The park hopper option allows you to visit as many parks per day as you want.
- You can also add the no expiration option. This means that any extra days would be valid on your next visit.
- The water parks are not included in the base tickets, but you can add the ability to visit either one or both of Disney’s water parks.
The best way to save on your Disney tickets is to buy several days at once. If you buy a single day ticket, you will pay much more than if you bought the same ticket that was good for several days.
- The souvenirs inside Disney World are going to be quite expensive. Instead, venture off of resort property to find souvenir shops that will offer mementoes of your trip for far less money.
- A great way to save on your entire cheap Disney vacation is to buy a vacation package that includes many elements of your vacation such as travel, lodging, meals and park tickets. Check for current packages being offered by Disney World Resorts.
As you can see, there are many ways to make a Disney vacation more affordable. You will probably be surprised to learn that making your kid’s Disney dreams come true is within your reach.