We all know that Christmastime at Disney World can be magical – between the decorations and the special events there is so much to see and do.
But with all that holiday cheer comes large crowds and waits for everything from attractions to shows to transportation to food.
Fortunately, during the busy season between Christmas and New Years, Disney is offering a solution to both the wait associated with a show and the wait associated with getting food. The special, limited-time offering is called “Taste of Hollywood To Go”.
What is it?
From December 22, 2012 through January 5, 2013 you can make a reservation for the Taste of Hollywood To Go offering by calling the Disney reservation line at 407-WDW-DINE. To get a lock on the deal be sure to call at least 24 hours prior to the day you plan to visit the park, although you can also chance it and check in at Disney’s Hollywood Studios the day you are there.
You get two great things in the package – a choice of one of five different boxed meals, and reserved seats to the Fantasmic! show.
Normally you can only get reserved seats to Fantasmic! with a much more expensive table service dinner reservation. However, because of the huge crowds between Christmas and New Years, you get both a fast meal and reserved seats for the show.
The options sound delicious. Choices include:
- Cold-cut roast beef with creamy horseradish, potato salad, grilled asparagus and chocolate cake
- Tuna sushi roll with beet and apple salad, ginger-marinated tomatoes and cucumbers and a spicy pecan chocolate cluster
- Cajun shrimp salad with beet and apple salad, ginger-marinated tomatoes and cucumbers and mandarin orange cheesecake
- Cold fried chicken with roasted sweet potato and baby spinach, broccoli slaw and blueberry cheesecake
- Veggie sandwich with tomato salad, tabbouleh and chocolate cake
The kids option includes a turkey and American cheese wrap with apples and carrots with Ranch dip, strawberry yogurt and a seven-layer cookie bar.
The price is a fairly reasonable $15.99, and includes a soft drink or water. You can also get the deal by spending one quick-service credit if you are on the Disney Dining Plan.
You can pick up your boxed meal at Min & Bill’s Dockside Diner in the Echo Lake area of the park between 11am – 8pm.
What do you think about this idea for dinner and a show?