Pandora – The Land of Avatar will officially open on May 27th, 2017, but Disney has invited Annual Passholders to register for a sneak peak starting as early as May 13th.
Typically, lands open earlier than the official opening date to test attractions, queues, restaurants, and ride systems, so this isn’t too surprising. However, it is nonetheless exciting!
Annual Passholders will get to see the floating mountains, cruise through the Na’vi River Journey, and ride a banshee in the flight of passage. However, access may be limited since the entire won’t officially be open yet.
Disney has also been clear that access to Pandora may be limited or stopped completely depending on operational readiness.
Last week, Disney Destinations sent out emails to APs inviting them to register.
Unfortunately all the Annual Passholder preview slots filled quickly and they are no longer open for registration.
However, here is some background on the Passholder preview:
- APs will have exclusive access during a two-week window with three windows throughout the day including noon to 2pm, 3pm to 5pm, and 6pm to 8pm.
- APs can register a guest if they also have a valid Annual Pass and shared “All My Plans” with you.
- Capacity is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis. As such, you may only register for one time slot during the two-week preview.
- Once you make a reservation, you can’t modify it.
- There won’t be any rain dates. If your date and time is affected by inclement weather, your visit may be cancelled.
- Once you have a confirmed reservation, you’ll receive an e-mail by May 12th.
- When you arrive at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, you’ll be required to present either a card or a MagicBand with a valid Annual Pass, a valid identification, and the confirmation page sent to your e-mail address.
If you aren’t an Annual Passholder, don’t worry! I’ve already reserved my preview, and I’ll be sharing my experience with you at the end of May!
What are you most looking forward to in Pandora?