Monday, April 22, 2013 was a busy day at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. It marked the 15th anniversary of the park, which originally opened on Earth Day in 1998. In celebration, let’s take a look how Disney celebrated the day with special events – and how you can join in the celebration and win a special Animal Kingdom prize package including a limited edition Disney trading pin:
– Special opening ceremony with a few speeches followed by some high energy singing and dancing.
– A free 15th anniversary button and special anniversary Guide Map to everyone entering the park. The Guide Map features a map of the park as it existed in 1998 as well as information on “gone but not forgotten” opening day experiences, including: “Colors of the Wind, Friends from the Animal Forst” show with Pocahontas at the Grandmother Willow’s Grove; Discovery River Boats; and “Journey into the Jungle Book” at the Theater in the Wild.
– Appearances by Disney characters not often seen in the park, including Pocahontas and her pet raccoon Meeko, Koda and Tug from Brother Bear, and Flik and Princess Atta from A Bug’s Life
– A free cookie decorating station.
– Special 15th anniversary merchandise, including t-shirts, limited edition Disney trading pins, and Vinylmations.
– Special artwork and offerings, including the artwork of Carlos Cuba and a stand selling plumaria plants.
Opening ceremony for Animal Kingdom’s 15th anniversary.
Enter To Win A Limited Edition Disney Trading Pin
I’m giving away a special prize package to celebrate the Animal Kingdom’s anniversary. The package includes:
– Limited Edition 15th Anniversary Button Disney’s Animal Kingdom Disney Trading Pin featuring Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse; edition size was limited to 2,000 pins
– Special Disney’s Animal Kingdom Guide Map, with fold out map that shows what the park looked like on its opening day in 1998
– Disney’s Animal Kingdom Times Guide from April 22, 2013 listing all the special anniversary events
– 15th Anniversary Button
How To Enter
If you would like to win the Disney trading pin, button, special anniversary map, and times guide, just send an e-mail to me at [Contest is closed – Congratulations to the winner Jo Ann from New York!]. I’ll add you to our mailing list (if you aren’t already on it), and then I’ll select a recipient on or around May 2, 2013. I’ll request your mailing address and then send the package to you. This give-away is open to everyone, everywhere.
What do you think about Animal Kingdom’s 15th Anniversary?